Monday, September 3, 2018

Expectations and Reality



It’s been a busy and exciting summer at Reggio Kids.  We hosted educators from abroad and home and supported schools in their journey toward being Reggio inspired!
We thank them for placing their faith in our abilities to assist them along the way as they transform their thinking around working with children and their environments.

Change, is both a daunting and rewarding process that takes time and commitment to begin and sustain.

As I answer questions about our work, I am constantly led back to my most important piece of advice.  There will be a great divide between your expectations and reality. Defined expectations will leave you disappointed. Instead think of it as path that appears to have an end yet when you get there it veers right and then left, it goes upward toward a mountain peak and then down toward the river bank. This is a Reggio inspired journey.
There is no end that you are working toward. Instead, it as a great adventure with no final destination. It is all about the ride. Just when you believe you are a master, the children will make you the student. Therein lays the magnificence of transformation!
Yes, our schools have rich environments, a loose part studio, beautiful playgrounds, walls lined with the echoes of students both past and present but do not let that fool you. We also have great struggles that an inherent in the everyday life of running daycares.
Stay focused, take heart in knowing you are working toward a better way of being with children!
As you fall into September:), set a few goals for yourself and see where you land!









Make you own music and buckle up and enjoy the ride!

4 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing a great information and useful. it really necessary and timely for me at this time. I've read a lot of blogs and visit but they made me feel boring. Your article made me feel strange and fascinating it attracted me. I wanted to share this information with my friends on the social network facebook.!

    Autism Resources for Parent

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great blog, I really appreciate each and every post! Is there a place where you are posting more actively now? (Not sure if some of the above comments are spam or translations but I assure you this is a real person comment! )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sadie

      Thank you. Life had been very busy on our end, so I'm hoping to resume my posts on a more regular basis!

      Delete